Contact Griffin PR
Griffin Dewatering Corporation
5306 Clinton Drive
Houston, TX 77020
- Contracting a methane gas extraction system
Engineering and installing extraction wells requires expertise that virtually all owners contract out. Of the three typical ways of removing methane from landfills — venting, burning, and extraction — only the latter properly disposes of the potentially hazardous gas and offers the option of selling it as fuel.
View on www.pwmag.com or download the PDF
- Under Pressure - Boosting pumps to achieve higher pressure
In an emergency pumping application, it is unlikely that the best-suited equipment will be in place for the situation. It is sometimes necessary to determine how to make available equipment meet the performance well enough to get through the initial emergency.
- Hurricane Help in the July 2012 Issue of Water & Wastes Digest
Several major pump manufacturers answered Tallahassee’s call, but when it came to the final review, Griffin Pump & Equipment was chosen to produce the new pump package.
- Controlling Groundwater for Tunnels and Shafts in the June 2012 Issue of Tunnel Business Magazine
Tunnels and tunnel shafts present unique
problems when dealing with groundwater.
- Taking Groundwater Out of It's Place in the April 2012 Issue of Trenchless Technology
When you Google "Dewatering" some of the first results yielded are the Wikipedia page for the term, followed by the website for Griffin Dewatering Corp. While that pretty much sums up the company's place in the industry, Griffin didn't just rise to the top of the dewatering business overnight.
- Talking Shop - April 2012 Issue of Compact Equipment
Avoiding Pump Problems. Tips for Operation and Maintenance of a Hyrdaulic Submersible Pump
- Myth Busters - January 2012 Issue of Utility Contractor
Sizing a Pump Should Be Easier than Reading Greek
- Sewage Bypass Fundamentals - Self Priming Centrifugals Vs. Submersibles
Featured on EmpoweringPumps.com and written by Jose Somera
- Innovative Need-Based Dewatering Solutions in the November 2011 issue of Modern Contractor Solutions
"One of the keys to Griffin
success is the high level of
team work between Griffin
Dewatering's engineers and
its field personnel. "
- Lakefront Property Article in Western Builder on November 25, 2004
"This is a highly unusual project because it is all artificial fill and dates back to the mid-1950s when it was installed. There were a lot of unknowns,"
- Article about the Pier Wisconsin project in Milwaukee, WI, on Environmental-Expert.com
- Temporary Dewatering Systems in the May 2011 edition of Pumps & Systems
"Mention dewatering to anyone in the underground construction trade, and they'll likely state that it is one of the most important phases in the project..."
- Sewer Bypass Fundamentals in the July 2009 Edition of Trenchless Technology
"Typically bypass pumping will occur because of new construction, lift station rehabilitation, lift station malfunctioning, broken gravity line, force main rupture, tieins or a combination of these factors."
- Keeping a Clear Path in the June 2011 Edition of Utility Contractor
"When setting up a pump to bypass a combined sewer, large creek or any water source greater than 5,000 gallons per minute (gpm), there is more to consider than just handling the volume."
- Make Your Supplier Part of Your Emergency Response Team in the July 2011 issue of Equipment World
"Griffin responded by using an 18-inch Variable-Use Pump with the capacity they needed and the ability to meet the suction lift requirements."
- Griffin Uses Deep Wells to Dewater for the Installation of Circular-Cell Cofferdams in New Orleans
"On April 29, Houston-based Griffin Dewatering Corp. began pumping 15 million gallons of water from the site. It also used 42 10-in.-dia, 75-ft-deep wells outside the dam perimeter to lower the groundwater table and relieve external hydraulic pressure."
- Desubmerge Your Submersible Pump in the April 2011 edition of Modern Contractor Solutions
"As part of a vacuum-primed, dewatering, or bypass pumping system, submersibles fit into tight places where other pumps won't go, and up to 15 horsepower, can be put there by hand."
- Griffin Wellpoint Pipe Puller featured in the April issue of Compact Equipment
"At its CONEXPO-CON/AGG booth outdoors, the company launched its Wellpoint Pipe
Puller, which is one of the smartest ideas we've see in a while for dewatering applications."
- Pumps and Systems Magazine talks with Griffin about the Wellpoint Pipe Puller at ConExpo/Con-Agg 2011
- Griffin Stainless-Steel Hydraulic Submersible featured at ConExpo/Con-Agg 2011
"Griffin Stainless Steel Hydraulic Submersible Pumps for long life and the ability to withstand corrosive environments."
- Wellpoint Pipe Puller Featured at ConExpo/Con-Agg 2011
"The Wellpoint Pipe Puller is a "safety breakthrough" as well as an ideal time saving part in the dewatering set up over the conventional methods."
- Pump Primer - Compact Equipment - August 2010
"There are many reasons to rent for your pump needs. Perhaps these tough economic times demand a less expensive investment, or maybe job duration doesn't warrant the cost of new equipment."
- Selecting the Right 6-Inch Pump - Modern Contractor Solutions - March 2010
"When determining a pump for an application, there are a number of factors to consider. Among them are flow requirements, head conditions..."
- Staying dry when groundwater infiltrates the jobsite...
"Whether expected or unexpected, groundwater on a construction project can become the single largest cash drain of the project, regardless of whether the project is a pipeline or a building...."
- Bypass 101 - Water and Wastes Digest - July 2009
"With a great deal of infrastructure work on the horizon, many problems will arise in trying to do work around existing buildings, roads and other structures. Billions of dollars in federal aid money have been allocated to rehabilitating decaying sewer systems..."
- The Fundamentals of Sewage Bypass - Spring 2009
"Whether it's for new constuction, lift station rehabilitation or malfunction, a broken gravity line, force main rupture, tie-ins, or any combination thereof, most bypasses are accoumplished using centrifugal and submersible pumps..."
- The Right Pump for the Job - Tech Update - January 2009
"Hydraulic submersible pumps are an option that offer the added benefit of run dry capability, especially when electric powered pumps are of concern due to potential electrical hazards or if diesel-driven centrifugal pumps are not an option because of suction lift restraints..."
- Dewatering Plan Successful for Palm Beach Mall Renovation - Utility Contractor - Sept 2007
"Pepper-Southern General Contractors of Atlanta washired by the owner (Forbes-Cohen Florida Properties) in 1988 to construct the new project, calling in Griffin Dewatering to provide the proper methods and materials to be utilized when dewatering the proposed structure's footings."